Columbus Mib2 Offroad Screen Issues

Hello,

Today I activated the Offroad screen on my columbus mib2.

I activated it using an obdeleven dongle.

For activation, i used the following commands:

Enable "Offroad-Information": OBD11 Instructions - for MIBII with SATNAV only

Step 1. Select Information Control Unit 1 (@address hex5F)

Step 2. Select Security access

Step 3. Enter the magic number 20103

Step 4. Select Adaptation

Step 5. Search for Car_Function_Adaptations_Gen2

Step 6. Select menu_display_compass - set to active (default not active)

Step 7. Select menu_display_compass_over_threshold_high - set to active (default not active)

Step 8. Search for Car_Function_List_BAP_Gen2

Step 9. Select compass_0x15 - set to active (default not active)

Exit OBD11 software

Step 10. Reset the MIB unit - press and hold the ON/OFF button on the infotainment unit for greater than 10 seconds.

So, after restarting the unit, i get the new screen but when scrolling through the dials i can only see compass, altitude and steering angle dials. if i keep scrolling, every other dial is blank, as in black space where the dial was supposed to be.

As far as i could see in youtube videos i should also get oil and water temperature.

Anybody have any ideas about what i am doing wrong?

Thank you,

Andrei

That sounds like my experience. I don't think we can get temperatures on that screen for some reason, only the Golf. I would love to be proved wrong. Having a way to see oil temp without having to flip to it on the maxi dot would be handy. 

As far as i was able to deduce, i think it might be a firmware issue so i've decided to give the guys at dtech russia a try.

I'm going to send the unit to them and it should come back with a new firmware that has the performance screen and also online services activated. The price for the operation is quite steep (500eur) but i think that online traffic and google maps and street view acces make it worth.