Fabia arrival of Spring

Well the Fabia told me this morning that Spring has arrived by switching my electric windows back on again!, like others here it needs a Drivers Window Motor at the module doesn't like the winter months Late November-2nd Week March. Got in this morning and as soon as i powered up I heard a chunk like the motor kicked in and sure enough presto working windows even after powering down the ignition and powering up again. Odd why the module goes awol in the cold months, must be somewhere on the circuit in the module? I did read by somewhere here its the car saying jokingly on your behalf "Nope its to cold to have th window down" which made me laugh

O well that gives me a bit of breathing space to find a motor without spending £150 at the dealers.

Ordered a new motor this afternoon can't do with the windows not working. Going to take mine apart and see if I can see whats causing them to play up, obviously on the circuit board somewhere.

Edited by ituksw

• 2 weeks later...

If anyone is going to do the job of removing the door panel then order up some white panel retaining clips, as they get brittle and the heads come off, i had some in stock so not a issue. Motor in and working windows again which feels right.