Yeti Boot fix

Kerryman

I just recently purchased a 1.6 Tdi Greenline Yeti. (My 3rd Skoda). The idea of using the glue and inflator didn't really appeal to me so I visited a few scrap/slavage yards and picked up an unused 16" wheel (steel) off an Octavia which has exactly the same size tyre as is on the Yeti along with a jack for €40. Tyre on the rim is perfect, never used. Anyhow the issue now is finding a systerm to build/make a tray to sit on top of the wheel... anyone got any ideas/suggestions???  Thanks in advance.

Hi Kerryman,

Did you get the anchor-down knurled wheel screw piece to secure the spare in place? Might the same scrappy have a suitable moulded foam insert that carries the jack and tools?

That would seem to be the way to go, ie. get Skoda or VAG OEM bits to match your new spare wheel.

I'm presuming your Yeti has the thread installed in the wheel-well floor.

HTH

Richard

Edited by RichardatWakefield
  • Like 1

RichardatWakefield... yeah picked up the anchor screw and its fits perfectly. I did ask the scrap guy for all the foam inserst but never apperared so either they were done for or he forgot... will make a call there again.