fabia tailgate

Alright guys thought I'd ask on here before I give up and take it to a body shop, I've got a new tailgate as mines leaking water in, but there's some wires what go from the tailgate into the car but don't know where they go to anyone have any idea? just so I'm able to change it myself cheers!

20170326_160523.jpg

Fairly straightforward unless you dont like yanking on bits of trim until the clips release.

The passenger side c pillar trim needs to be pulled back along with the top piece of trim which runs along the back of the headlining.

Then its just a case of pushing the cables through the roof entry and down the sides of the trim to the connector which is behind the carpet on the left side of the boot, behind the boot light.

The connectors are a bit fiddly might need to pull them  off the bracket which holds them to the body.

I managed it fine by just pulling the old cables out and working out how the new ones go in.

If you have the old tailgate to remove you should be able to work it out as you go.

19 hours ago, clarendon462 said:

Fairly straightforward unless you dont like yanking on bits of trim until the clips release.

The passenger side c pillar trim needs to be pulled back along with the top piece of trim which runs along the back of the headlining.

Then its just a case of pushing the cables through the roof entry and down the sides of the trim to the connector which is behind the carpet on the left side of the boot, behind the boot light.

The connectors are a bit fiddly might need to pull them  off the bracket which holds them to the body.

I managed it fine by just pulling the old cables out and working out how the new ones go in.

If you have the old tailgate to remove you should be able to work it out as you go.

that's great mate cheers for that, I'll take a look at it at the weekend