Octy 3 VRS Clutch slipping - advice needed

Magget

Hi everyone,

I've noticed this morning that between 4th and 6th gear, when the boost comes on, my revs go approx. 500 rpm up, then drop down, then the car accelerates. Googling clutch slipping showed that it's not really as bad as it could be, but I've never encountered such a problem.

I have a 3rd gen Octavia VRS, with a stage1 remap and about 70K miles on it. I guess the main question is do I look at an OEM change, should I get a stronger clutch, and if yes, any recommendations what I should look at? Or can it be fixed without actually replacing it?

I really don't know anything about clutches, brands, models, or types, so any help or advice would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

3 hours ago, superbtte said:

Cannot help unfortunately, if it was DSG I have a clutch pack you could have used.

As for yours you could install a Sachs performance clutch:

http://www.vrsnorthampton.com/home/110-sachs-performance-clutch-organic.html

For some reason I thought it'd be a bit less expensive, especially as apparently labour tends to be more than the actual parts :D

In any case thanks for the link, I need to drop by vrsnorthampton anyway to check if it makes sense to swap suspension and clutch at the same time, and how that would work. I don't fancy being without my car for two separate periods as it's my daily 

1 minute ago, Magget said:

For some reason I thought it'd be a bit less expensive, especially as apparently labour tends to be more than the actual parts :D

In any case thanks for the link, I need to drop by vrsnorthampton anyway to check if it makes sense to swap suspension and clutch at the same time, and how that would work. I don't fancy being without my car for two separate periods as it's my daily 

Surely worth changing both at the same time and I am sure labour will be more reasonable that way. Let me know if I can help in any way.

On 2017-5-4 at 19:32, superbtte said:

Surely worth changing both at the same time and I am sure labour will be more reasonable that way. Let me know if I can help in any way.

All sorted. Dropped of the car today and started counting down days until I get it back :biggrin: