Drivers seat back pain

Hi

I recently bought bought a fabia se estate which is great except for the fact the drivers seat is really uncomfortable. After about 25 mins I'm in so much discomfort I have to stop or I'll be in a lot of pain in my lower back.

Anyone else had a similar issue and found a solution? I'm nearly 6 foot 3 and have tried a range of seat positions but I'm still struggling.

Thanks

Ben

Hi Ben

I think when mine was new I have a few teething problems. I'm 6" 4 I have my seat as low as possible and I think one click from being all the way back, wheel all the way out and quite low. I don't have any problems now unless I'm on a 3 hour journey somewhere.

I think it's just a case of getting it worn in and finding the perfect position.

• Like 1

I hired a Fabia 3 last year before buying one this year, I found the seat in the hire car very uncomfortable and I had lower back ache after travelling London to Birmingham. For the new car I bought lumbar support cushions for both myself and also for my wife as she had found the seats more uncomfortable than I did in the hire car. However, with the new car I played round with the positions and, as James777 says, have managed to find the perfect position, which was slightly higher than I would normally have gone for. I find the driving seat very comfortable now and I don't use the lumbar cushion.

I have the same problem, i've had the car a year and just cant find the right position to stop it. Im quite tall so thought it might be that causing it so i have to have the seat far back and the steering wheel high otherwise i struggle getting out. I was a little worried i damaged it at the gym, reading this maybe it was the car after all. Although i do have a monte carlo which i think come with different seats, yesterday i had a courtesy car and it had lumbar support and was higher off the ground it helped alot more. I think its a case of just finding the perfect position to support the back.