The strangest thing - Can anyone explain it?

This is going to be a tough one to explain - this happened some months ago and again today. The only possible similarity is we also had a power cut in the house on both occasions (Electrical storm activity interfering with the Bluetooth???).

On each occasion I have got in to my car in the morning and instead of Radio 2 playing through my speakers there is silence!

The display shows my phone on an active call (which is why the radio is muted) - but not who it is to - in other words it is connected to the ether not one of my contacts!! It won't let me 'cancel' the call and to reset I have to disable the Bluetooth then turn it back on. Or delete my phone and re-add it.

I think it may be ghosts! ;-)

Obviously it is impossible to recreate to take it in to the dealership, so if anyone has any bright ideas on how to resolve this or what/why it is happening I will be eternally grateful! Oh, and turning the ignition off and back on doesn't clear it either.

Thank you!

I had something similar when I collected my car new from the dealership. Turns out that the three keys all being bundled together was confusing the car. Do you have more than one car key on your keyring?

16 minutes ago, Jaytip said:

I had something similar when I collected my car new from the dealership. Turns out that the three keys all being bundled together was confusing the car. Do you have more than one car key on your keyring?

Nope, just the one. And I'm a creature of habit... so no change in the start up routine, and I'm the only driver of the vehicle with only one phone linked... Odder than an odd thing!

This happened on my Leon.  Only once but it was a right PITA.  I could not kill the 'active call' status via the conventional methods.  What I did:

1. On your phone, un-pair/'forget' the Skoda BT device and then turn off bluetooth.  I couldn't also repeat this in the cars bluetooth settings as anything to do with my phone was frozen/locked. 

2. Do a reset on your infotainment system by pressing and holding down the on/off dial on the stereo and keep it pressed until the system splash screen appears.

3. Pair the phone via the infotainment system. 

What caused this on my phone/infotainment was trying to end one call and pick up another incoming call via the infotainment screen.  

Hope this helps

• Like 1

47 minutes ago, penguin17 said:

This happened on my Leon.  Only once but it was a right PITA.  I could not kill the 'active call' status via the conventional methods.  What I did:

1. On your phone, un-pair/'forget' the Skoda BT device and then turn off bluetooth.  I couldn't also repeat this in the cars bluetooth settings as anything to do with my phone was frozen/locked. 

2. Do a reset on your infotainment system by pressing and holding down the on/off dial on the stereo and keep it pressed until the system splash screen appears.

3. Pair the phone via the infotainment system. 

What caused this on my phone/infotainment was trying to end one call and pick up another incoming call via the infotainment screen.  

Hope this helps

Thanks Penguin... That's pretty much what I had to do - unpair it and start again... but no idea why it happened as I hadn't been on a call when I left the vehicle last night yet it was instantly 'engaged' on the call as soon as I started the ignition! See! Ghosts! :-D