VCDS nearby

Hi all....

After looking around on the forum....I joined yesterday....

I noticed a few bits about VCDS upgrades.

I notice there could be somebody nearby who could help, somebody in Corby according to the VCDS map.

I would be interested in a couple of things if they are possible.....

Dial staging

Hill control possibly

And I also wondered if the voice recognition can be done, I intended to get it when I ordered the car but was so carried away ordering the car it slipped my mind completely.

On a separate note, does anyone know if Smart gate is available as a retrofit?

Thank you all in advance

Neil.

I did needle sweep using Carista 

Hill Hold I had done via VCDS thanks to @WayTooTall 

Voice activation is available as a purchase afterwards for about £30iirc, you need to ask the dealer for an activation key (although using Siri negates the need for it)

Not sure on Smartlink retrofit, but I'm sure another member will know the answer (or try the search bar)

Welcome to Briskoda btw

Damo

Thanks very much.....

As my car is in the dealership and I will be collecting it next Saturday maybe I have time to get the voice activation done before I collect it. 

I don't use apole so no Sir for me.

I really like the needle sweep....

Can I ask.....if not too rude...how much did they both cost?

Neil

Ahhh......I've just realised Carista is a download.    Not a person .

So I just need to buy a Bluetooth adaptor, get advice on where it plugs in and I should be away.

Any recommendations as to whether I need a £30 Carista adaptor or will one of the cheap £7 or £8 ones do

Neil

Edited by Neildon
Update to message

55 minutes ago, Neildon said:

Ahhh......I've just realised Carista is a download.    Not a person .

So I just need to buy a Bluetooth adaptor, get advice on where it plugs in and I should be away.

Any recommendations as to whether I need a £30 Carista adaptor or will one of the cheap £7 or £8 ones do

Neil

Used both sorts here - was very iffy about plugging the cheap one into new car - but risked it - and did work OK.

However, the disadvantage with the cheap ones is - at least if using an IPhone - where you've got to get the WiFi version of the adaptor - and it's a bit of pain switching between WiFi on adaptor and Wifi for internet, as sometimes you need internet to send reports or get an update.  Don't think that's a problem if using an Android phone. You just get the Bluetooth version of the cheap adaptor.

The Carista adaptor is *much* more quality-built product - it slips more easily into the OBD-port (  which is under the dash, right under the light-switch - do a search, there's a photo I put up here a few months ago ), and if using an iPhone, have both "talk to adaptor" and "talk to internet" going at same time. It seems that Carista can use bluetooth only when used with Carista adaptor.

They sometimes have a Sale price for Carista on Amazon. You might be lucky.

They've changed pricing on the App since I got it. It used to be a one-off price, and it seems to be gone to a monthly or annual renewal now. Signing up for the beta after getting the basic one might get past that - someone else here will tell you what the current situation is.

1 hour ago, Neildon said:

Thanks very much.....

As my car is in the dealership and I will be collecting it next Saturday maybe I have time to get the voice activation done before I collect it. 

I don't use apole so no Sir for me.

I really like the needle sweep....

Can I ask.....if not too rude...how much did they both cost?

Neil

I have an apple phone, but downloaded the free version of Carista on an android tablet

Worked perfectly using my £10 ELM327 Bluetooth adapter :thumbup:

• Like 1

If you search on here for Carista, I put up some screenshots yesterday of what my new 2017 Fabia SE can change.

done needle sweep but few other things I hoped for aren't there.

(Using fogs as cornering lights)

Thank's for the list

I'm bizarrely taken with the needle sweep so that's the main thing anyway. ....

Thank you all for the location picture of the diagnostic port and for all the other info.

I look forward to your help in the future and to being able to help.....though not sure yet what that could possibly be.

• Like 2