Evening all

Evening All

Signed up finally as on the hunt for information re the new Superb.

Currently driving a 2012 elegance 170 DSG estate, and at nearly 6 years old (3 of which in my care) and over 100k its due retirement according to the car allowance conditions of my employer.

I very much don't want to part with the car as it has been the best car I have owned, going well above and beyond the expectations of myself and many, laughing at loads I have needed to carry and giving those who don't know the engine a bit of a shock when you poke it.

I am kinda between the new L&K in the 190 SCR 4x4 DSG or the same engine but in the Sportline, spec'd up to L&K levels, I'm popping to the dealer tomorrow on another unrelated note so will poke what they have and have a feel of the seats etc to see what I think.

Hope your all well, and thanks for having me about.

All the best

Alex

• Like 1

10 hours ago, 454697819 said:

Evening All

Signed up finally as on the hunt for information re the new Superb.

Currently driving a 2012 elegance 170 DSG estate, and at nearly 6 years old (3 of which in my care) and over 100k its due retirement according to the car allowance conditions of my employer.

I very much don't want to part with the car as it has been the best car I have owned, going well above and beyond the expectations of myself and many, laughing at loads I have needed to carry and giving those who don't know the engine a bit of a shock when you poke it.

I am kinda between the new L&K in the 190 SCR 4x4 DSG or the same engine but in the Sportline, spec'd up to L&K levels, I'm popping to the dealer tomorrow on another unrelated note so will poke what they have and have a feel of the seats etc to see what I think.

Hope your all well, and thanks for having me about.

All the best

Alex

Welcome Alex!  Just a note on the engine.  I had two 170s previously and this time went with the 150bhp.  If you haven't already done so, makes sure you try the 150 as well.  IMO it is the natural replacement for the 170 and is also a slightly quieter engine.  I test drove the 190 and 150 back-to-back and like many others on here, I couldn't feel any noticeable difference between them.  The 190 might have a bit more poke accelerating from around 70mph but how often will you need that?  Just something to bear in mind as you could save a few quid or get some extras with the price difference :).  There is a huge amount of info on the SIII part of the forum and plenty of owners on hand to offer advice. Good luck!

• Like 2

On 16/05/2017 at 08:14, Superb170 said:

Welcome Alex!  Just a note on the engine.  I had two 170s previously and this time went with the 150bhp.  If you haven't already done so, makes sure you try the 150 as well.  IMO it is the natural replacement for the 170 and is also a slightly quieter engine.  I test drove the 190 and 150 back-to-back and like many others on here, I couldn't feel any noticeable difference between them.  The 190 might have a bit more poke accelerating from around 70mph but how often will you need that?  Just something to bear in mind as you could save a few quid or get some extras with the price difference :).  There is a huge amount of info on the SIII part of the forum and plenty of owners on hand to offer advice. Good luck!

Many thanks, I popped over to my nearest dealer at lunch and took out the Sportline 150 DSG, I was mightily impressed with the spec and feel and finish, I was a L&K man as preference but the seats in the sportline felt fantastic, (compared to my somewhat 100+K mile leather seats), and the cabin felt very neat and tidy and up market.

The 150bhp left me underwhelmed above 60mph, but the engine is a peach, and tbf, its barely run in and I wasn't really prodding it with the salesman but what a leap from my 2012 model, im used to a big turbo giving the car a shove from 60 to 80 in the relative blink of an eye.

So now Im left kinda stuffed - Do I go 150bhp knowing another 30 bhp is available via bluefin if I get board which is circa £500 or spend the extra grand on the 190 knowing it comes not compromising the warranty.

Or do I sack both of those off, and get what I really "want" which is the 190 4x4 DSG? 

hmmmmmmm

ps. thanks for the warm welcome.