VW Transporters

Chubbs

7 hours ago, silver1011 said:

A mate of mine spent an age going through all the sums for a VW Transporter vs. Transit Custom.

When the purchase price, depreciation and running costs were factored in there wasn't much in it cost wise over the 5 year PCP he went for.

It is a Highline Combi which I understand is the one that gets you the rear windows and second row of seats.

The VW has a loyal following and that alone can make it much more desirable as a vehicle that is to be used for multiple purposes. Almost every Transit on the road is a white workhorse with a company livery, I don't think I've seen a Transporter in white, they are are all in normal car colours with flash wheels. IMO they simply look more classy, much less van like.

My sentiments exactly.....

• Like 1

Put it this way, I bought a T4 transporter (converted to a camper van) for £18000 in 2009. In 2012 I sold it for £19,750

• Like 1

2 hours ago, domhnall said:

Put it this way, I bought a T4 transporter (converted to a camper van) for £18000 in 2009. In 2012 I sold it for £19,750

I've heard similar stories....folk breaking even of making profit upon sale! Crazy but true! I just need to find a decent one!!