Rear Bumper Reinforcer after tow bar fit

Just an FYI - So I've just had a Bosal removable Towbar fitted to my sportline. After the fitter had completed the job I am left with the standard bumper reinforcer which makes sense as there is a sodding great steel box bar in there now in its place albeit that it's not curved in shape like the OEM reinforcer so the rear bumper on small impact will flex a lot more. Also of note is that the screw in towing attachment on the rear of the car no longer has anything to screw into as it's an integral part of the reinforcer. I wonder if the factory fit tow bar removes the same feature? No real issue as if I need to tow something I would loop over the. Tow ball now anyway. 

This was discussed on the MkIII Octavia forum.

The official line from Skoda is that in the absence of the thread for the removable towing eye you should use the towing hitch/ball instead.

See here...

And more pictures here...

Edited by silver1011