1.4 Tdi cooling fan running a lot even after short trips

Recently bought a 1.4 Tdi privately and recently the cooling fan is running a lot even after short journeys.  The temp gauge doesn't seem stable either fluctuates between 90 and 120, but so far not gone into red zone and have no warning lights/messages.  Researching on internet I found two possibilities: 1. regeneration cycle of the Diesel Particualtes Filter and it needs a longer journey to sort it out, 2. Coolant may need replacing because of a recall.  I have no idea if this recall has happened, is there a way of finding out?  I have searched the skoda site using my VIN and it says "No relevant recall campaigns have been launched by ŠKODA for the entered VIN" - Don't know what to make of that!  Any body else having this situation? suggestions welcome.

They are only recalls when Recalled. So Skoda secret service service campaigns go unnoticed just as VW group like.   Call SKODA UK Customer services and get them to check and if your car is part of the SERVICE CAMPAIGN ask why the VIN checker is as crap as parts VW group fit. 

8 minutes ago, Awayoffski said:

They are only recalls when Recalled. So Skoda secret service service campaigns go unnoticed just as VW group like.   Call SKODA UK Customer services and get them to check and if your car is part of the SERVICE CAMPAIGN ask why the VIN checker is as crap as parts VW group fit. 

It is not a UK model, I bought the car in Portugal where I live as an Ex-Pat.   I can take it to Skoda dealer here, but this is likely to be a frustrating experience, so was looking to see if any help on the forum first.

I've not noticed my fan staying on as frequently as before it had the work carried out, but that could just be a coincidence. My dad's Octavia seems to have always suffered from the same trait, though...

You all need to read the saga that is this:

I have contributed greatly as you will read, given I am now on my 3rd water pump.. and yes the fan for the DPF regen is coming on a lot.. even after changing the pump, coolant and thermostat and bleed reed.. the online checker won't tell you anything - it doesn't work properly.. don't trust it at all!

it's an ongoing story.. and I'm still watching the oil temp on my Fabia 3 every trip.. it's not rock steady at all, even though the quoted range is 80 to 110 if you read the manual or 85 to 130 if you believe the mechanics on here who contribute.. suffice to say its an issue affecting TDi Fabia and Rapid owners..

• Like 1