Android Head Unit Aerial question?

Hi all,

I've got my new Android 6 headunit installed and very pleased with the fit and finish. Looks very factory.

IMG_3349.jpg

Whilst test driving it on Monday the wife noticed it's a bit weaker with radio reception than the Stream unit that came out. I noticed the aerial has one plug, whereas the headunit has the sockets to take 2 plugs. Have I used the wrong socket, or is there an adaptor I need? In a related question, when I buy a DAB adaptor for it, can it be connected to a roof aerial, or have I got to use the crap looking glass mount aerials? Can someone point me to a website selling the DAB/FM roof aerials, if such a thing exists?

Thanks all!

Looks nice mate, I'm looking to do the same. I've got a head unit on order at the moment. Sorry no answers to your questions. I'm just following this thread in case I run into the same problems! 

• Like 1

Heres one.  I'd ask about fitment to your car but i'd have thought it would do the trick.

http://www.cars-equipment.com/www/en/shop/roof-antenna-8/oem-6r0035501d-vw-skoda-roof-shark/

Other suppliers available...

Does the stereo have FAKRA sockets or DIN?

Edited by andy-fisher
  • Like 1

Back%20of%20similar%20unit.jpg

This is the back of a similar unit, you can see I think it has a twin FAKRA connection.

This is the aerial connection I would need from a roof aerial, in order to connect to the DAB adaptor that audiotechdirect recommended.

DAB%20Aerial%20connector.jpg

I'm not sure I'm gonna find an exact aerial with these connections, and so might have to deal with the glass mounted aerial. Pity. Has anyone tried mounting the aerial within the dash?