Front Bumper - Rubber Strip Underneath?

Hi all,

Not sure if the VRS has one aswell but would anyone know the technical name for the rubber strip shown in the image below? Its attached underneath the bumper.

bumper.png.3fc554ea7abfabca0b9dd31a21e9233b.png

Mine is hanging off and needs replacing.

Edited by Xeon5

Not sure about its official title but mine is like a semi-flexible plastic strip. Its a sacrificial trim that helps prevent bumper damage so bumper protector might be a good description. Also referred to as splitter, spoiler. There is a part number 5J08070619B9 which if you look at skoda spares or on eBay, is around £13

Thanks for that. As I thought, the Fabia one is different as mine has clips on both sides of the rubber strip.

I will have to take it off completely and see if there are any part numbers on there and take it to VW.

There are a few different ones though. Mine I think is different as I have the Greenline. The front bumper differs to some degree.

Well i had a look at the front spoiler bumper today and it is beyond repair so have taken it off. Managed to get the part number 6r0805903c from the bumper but its quite difficult to get in the UK so will have to order from germany. Would it be worth replacing it with something else like a splitter?

On 10/06/2017 at 20:14, mrgf said:

Surely if the part number is there, VW dealers can order it for you? 

Tried my local VW this morning, they wanted £53 + VAT for the part!!!!! Told them no thanks.

Managed to find it on ebay for just under £20.

Part number is 6R0805903C for REF