220 choices, some input anybody?

Hi,

I've had the Octavia RS I, RS II, Superb 200TSI, and now Octavia RS III (2015 model).

Drives pretty much, has it as a company car.

Now I'm planning to very soon order a Superb L&K Hatch. Diesel is not my thing, so the 220TSI is what I want. 19 inch wheels.

Want to try a Superb again, and some of the (small) reasons are the amazing Smart Light Assist, the great Canton sound -and of course a lot more...

Some questions if anybody have info about this:

Is the driving experience (and/or springs) with the option"Sport Suspension" about the same as DCC in Sport mode ?

(in my country L&K has DCC as standard, but I want a pretty stiff suspension and am considering Sportline with Sport Suspension and not DCC just because of that)

I have driven the Sportline with DCC (19 inch wheels), and didn't like other than the "Sport" setting... that was ok for me.

Do you think the DCC in Sportline compared to the DCC in L&K gets "exactly" the same driving experience ?

Leather seats is standard in L&K, but I like Alcantara more... have the last days seen in some configurators that Alcantara is an option for the L&K. Anyone heard about that ?

If I choose the L&K and are forced to have leather seats, I will include the ventilated seats option... anyone with experience there ?

About Amundsen compared to Columbus... is i.e. Amundsen Navigation slower than Columbus, and are there other huge differences ? I don't care about 8 or 9,2", Google Earth, harddrive or WLAN. I use a tablet installed above the infotainment for TV, videos and more. In fact I like the looks more with Amundsen...

Well, that's the questions for now. Thanks for a great forum!

Best,

Hasse

Edited by Hasse
Added a question

I can tell you for sure Dcc in sport does NOT equal with the sport suspension... i had two superbs first one a 190 diesel with dcc and now 220 tsi with sport suspension and progressive steering and it s like two different cars for the better in favor of the Tsi... from sound insulation to driving experience so if you don t do off road sport suspension is perfect at least for me it is. 

Good luck,

Edited by Corbu33

On 2017-06-09 at 21:23, Corbu33 said:

I can tell you for sure Dcc in sport does NOT equal with the sport suspension... i had two superbs first one a 190 diesel with dcc and now 220 tsi with sport suspension and progressive steering and it s like two different cars for the better in favor of the Tsi... from sound insulation to driving experience so if you don t do off road sport suspension is perfect at least for me it is. 

Good luck,

Thanks for your input!! 

Understand about the differences, I believe the Sport Suspension is more stiff then (which I like...). Progressive steering is a must for me anyway!

I'll see what the decision will be...

It's a company car, and I have a budget... so I have these two alternatives:

1. Sportline 190 Diesel 4x4 with sport suspension.

2. L&K 220 TSI with DCC and a number of extra options.

I just love the 220 engine, so I belive that's the most important -and I have to accept DCC...

Thanks again!

/Hasse

Edited by Hasse

59 minutes ago, Corbu33 said:

Can t you go TSI lower trim before L&K ? You spend less for the company :) also.

The idea is good, but with the options I want the price will be about the same...

Some of them (i.e. Webasto, Canton) are included in L&K, at least in Sweden. Also, my favourite alloys (Trinity 19" anthracite) can only be chosen with L&K. And black roof lining which I like a lot.

It's not easy... :-)

/Hasse

Edited by Hasse

Ye but engine is more than 50% of the car ... pleasure of driving... the optionals you will use from time to time just partly... ofc your call :) hard one for you easy for others.

1 hour ago, Corbu33 said:

Ye but engine is more than 50% of the car ... pleasure of driving... the optionals you will use from time to time just partly... ofc your call :) hard one for you easy for others.

Appreciate your input!

You are right, the engine is most important... drove about 400 km today in my Octavia RS 220, and really "tested" it -and 220 petrol is SO great. Hope it will be almost same feeling in the Superb 220, not in handling of course -but in acceleration.

So, it looks like my choice will be the L&K 220. The few minuses are the suspension (a little too soft with DCC?), and the leather seats, but I could live with that.

Now let's see if my boss agrees :-)