Roomster - More pics

RapidRonnie

The Roomster has been out and about fairly undisguised in the Czech Republic ahead of it's launch next week and there are some photos here:

http://news.auto.cz/?article=5782

It's growing on me. I like the front half at least :thumbup:

I probably wouldn't have one because I'm not a fan of these tall car/van things but as they go, it looks pretty good. Much more like a proper car and quality product than a Renault Kangoo for example. It should do well.

Umm, interesting photos. The bog standard white paint probably doesn't do the model any justice however. I guess the front should be a good pointer to how the next generation fabia will look. The back half is a bit odd, like a Yaris Verso, but it will grow on people and quite rightly, the build quality should more than make up any shortcomings in the looks department. Noted the aluminium vent surrounds though - could this be another clue as to how the next fabia could look? Front windscreen wipers appear to be those now commonly found on Fords etc.. I've requested a brochure just out of curiosity.:rofl:

I'd have one and I May replace my Fabia with one when it comes out of warranty in april/may time. Apparantley looking at a website somewhere. It gets 3 petrols and diesels + An automatic. I Hope they have gotten rid of VW's 4 speed slushomatic. Im guessing 1.2 HTP , 1.4 Auto and 1.4 100bhp and maybe 2 1.4 TDIs and one 1.9? or does anyone have any actual specs. I Can see some body roll coming. The only thing that puts me off is the whiff of Renault Kangoo about it :thumbdwn:

Edit : Need to learn to spell

Yup it should whip the little Fiat things that taxi drivers seem to be buying these days. No one else noticed thatthese shots are of a right hand drive model? Maybe the Czechs are planning to revert to right hand drive (which is what they were before 1939 when an earlier Gernman takeover took place!) :)

I can see it becoming popular with companies who convert these sort of cars to carry a wheelchair in the back.

Other than that it should do well against the mentioned vehicles.

Interesting that VAG group have decided to give this car to Skoda and not VW.