Request for clock designs

I've done a few LED and needle changes lately and wondering if anyone has any requests?

Colour of the needles or backlighting, even the screen lighting.

I've just done a Vrs with the red needles to the newer white design which looked good.

What's involved with changing all the instrument lighting from green to red so night vision is unaffected, I have to turn all mine as low as possible, perhaps this is why people are always banging on about having brighter headlights.

The last thing I want is for my interior to be lit up like bloody Heathrow airport at night. I guess most of you 'disco' guys are townies living in the perpetual sodium twilight.

• Like 2

Fairly easy to change from green to red, you can lower the brightness of each LED also.

If you really wanted to just dim them down I would try putting another facial panel over so it's got two on, would just be trial an error but will be very easy and straight farward to do.

I have a few sets of standard Fabia clocks so can give it ago if you wanted to see how it turns out.

9 hours ago, hutchysrs50 said:

I'd think yellow needles would look good, not done a set of them yet anyway! 

I'very been thinking of yellow needles and white gauges for mine but I wouldn't know where to start or even have the time to do it. 

4 hours ago, stevobeavo said:

Blue on white clocks if anyone was curious. 

DSC_0414

It's very bright if turned up full but at half brightness it's fine even when driving on unlit roads.

Disco inferno!

Hold your horses, your clocks are marked for 30, 50 and 70 - mine aren't.......is this a VRS only addition? Or did you make the clock faces? It drives me mad going through speed cameras trying to sit at 30, with only a tidy white 'dash' to look at! 

Edited by GeneralDogsbody

• 3 years later...

i know this is an old thread but my mate has done the the led conversion on my clocks with the same as stevobeavo but my blue leds are really dim and cant really see them on the needles and its only lighting them up a little bit not the full needle do i need to paint them or are my leds not the wright ones for them 

3 hours ago, adievrs66 said:

i know this is an old thread but my mate has done the the led conversion on my clocks with the same as stevobeavo but my blue leds are really dim and cant really see them on the needles and its only lighting them up a little bit not the full needle do i need to paint them or are my leds not the wright ones for them 

Is it a vRS? Has he put blue LEDs behind red needles? If so they will look rubbish. You'd have to get the white needles from a non-vRS cluster. They fit straight on.

This type....

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Skoda-Fabia-MK1-Speedometer-Instrument-Cluster-6Y0920981-P23-405/153137832959?fits=Car+Make%3ASkoda|Model%3AFabia+I|Plat_Gen%3AMK+I&hash=item23a7b9e3ff:g:nkgAAOSwAV5bcYqp

If you do have white needles, I don't know why they'd be dim unless you have your panel dimmer turned down 😛

Edited by TMB

ive taken the red of the needles so there white  and even with  my dimmer turned up there still not very bright can just about see them 

my white led ones are mega bright even turned all the way down 

ill have to try get some of them needles an maybe change the leds if the needles dont help 

thanks for your reply didnt think i woykd get one with this being from 2017 😂

The needles need the proper factory white finish to diffuse the light along the needle. Removing the red on your current needles or painting them white won't work properly.

The two LEDs behind each needle need to be working of course.

Edited by TMB

ah ryt thought id try it see ill get some of them needles 

the blue leds work just not very bright 

ill go to scrap yard an get some 

got few other electrical issues to fix aswell 

my eml keeps coming on for glow plug control module yet theres no starting problems an the coil light doesnt flash 

ill search the forum see what i can find 

never had electrical problems with a vrs before an ive had a few of these cars 

thanks for your help much appreciated 

7 hours ago, adievrs66 said:

thanks for your help much appreciated 

No problem. Let us know how you get on :)

yeah will do mate cheers 

not managed to do anything with the clocks yet  as im in the middle of what turbo  to choose an how big to go with horsepower so might be put on the back burner till then 

but least i know now what to do with them to get them looking proper