Rapid CR 1.6 SE Greentech warning lights

WotNotAgain

Everything has been going well with my Rapid Haychback for the last 3.5 years - until last weekend.... when the exhaust management warning light came 'ON' for a while, then went 'OFF' for a while and then came back 'ON' - permanently. After a few miles the DPF warning light started glowing orange, so I gave the old girl a good thrashing up the road for about 40 miles to clear out any soot build up - but the 2 warning lights have stayed 'ON', no flashing or changing red, no lack of power, Stop/Start still working OK, no bad smells, in fact it seemed to be driving slightly smoother than usual since being purchased new in Dec 2013. So my thoughts are... 'one of the exhaust (pressure or temperature) sensors has failed?', and put the car into the garage for them to check fault codes to identify the fault / faulty component. Called the garage 45 mins ago, and it appears that the temperature sensor (not clear which one) is showing a fault code and is reading the current outside temperature as -40C - well this is Scotland, but it's no where near that cold in the summer - or winter, so either the sensor is kaput - or there may be a wiring issue. If it's the wiring then where is Skoda manufacturing quality control which should have spotted a wiring problem on the car at build. It may help explain why this car takes twice as long as other cars I've owned to warm up. BTW the DPF is OK. Any similar experiences / comments?    

Edited by WotNotAgain
typo