Extended Warranty & Ensurance

Nish

Hello Friends,

I bought my Skoda car in June-2015 and it had an extended warrantyicon on it. 
I made claim on that warranty 

Skoda did not honor it saying that by time my car arrived for inspection the extended warrantyicon had run out.

I came to know yesterday that there is an insurance policy "Skoda Ensurance" on my car active till Sept-2018, 
which comes by default and for free from Skoda. 

I also came to know that the claims I had tried making under the extended warranty could have been covered by Skoda Ensurance as well.

Now my question is,
if I was not fully aware of Skoda Ensurance, 
which comes by default for three years since purchase, 
shouldn't the Skoda team have noticed this and covered my claims.

Is it necessary for me to list out the policy under which I should have put the claim? 

Thanks

What Skoda did you buy in 2015 & who put an Extended Warranty on it?

When was the car first registered, ie how old and how many miles from new, & was this a Skoda Approved Used Car with a 12 Month Warranty or bought somewhere else?

What kind of Warranty claim was being made, ie, What was Faulty with the vehicle and had this Fault or potential fault been investigated in the Skoda UK System previously by a Franchised VW Group Dealer?

http://briskoda.net/forums/topic/287952-skoda-ensurance 

?

Was you car in an Accident or Incident & subject to some type of repair?

?

Had you registered it with 'Ensure'?

Edited by Awayoffski

Skoda Ensurance is administration of the repairs after you have an accident.  It is NOT insurance and it is NOT a warranty to rectify faults.  

• Like 1

I bought the Skoda Superb from a friend in June-2015. The Extended Warranty was in the name of seller and so I called the customer care who took my details and transferred it in my name.  When I made the claim for faulty reverse sensor in April-2016, they gave me a date for inspection. I am now being told that the policy is apparently not transferrable. 

I registered for Ensure in Dec-2015. I had Ensurance cover from Dec-2015. It was subsequently discovered by Skoda team that actually my rev sensor is missing and therefore it was a case of rev sensor having been stolen away. Such theft is covered by Ensurance. My car also had dents in rear wing panel caused by vandalism. When I asked about this, they said it will not be covered by the Extended Warranty. I have now come to know that both the theft and the dent could be covered under Ensurance.

Now my question is,

If I was not aware of Skoda Ensurance, which comes by default for three years since purchase, shouldn't the Skoda team have noticed this and covered my claims.
Is it necessary for me to list out the policy under which I should have put the claim? Is it not sufficient that I asked about fixing the issue?

Edited by Nish
Add clarity to question

Where do you see it as 3 years by default,  you have to register and then Ensure is nothing to do with a Parts warranty and not one that has expired it's 12 months or 24 months whatever was purchased.  Do you have a policy booklet and the T & Cs?

• 3 months later...

On Forum , after recently discovering a Yeti...

Am i correct in thinking that Ensurance is NOT a 'free' Skoda insurance policy but a 'free' service that 'helps' Skoda owners with their Insurance claims process (irrespective of main policy provider) ?

Um

Edited by JohnQ