replacement interior cabin light in roof

thingwnn

Hi all,

while fitting a microphone for BT into my celing light in my Octavia, I stupidly broke the main switch on it. Wasn't repairable sadly :(

So ordered a spare light off ebay which i fitted last night, but its not working either :(

I swapped the bulbs and still no joy

Now I'm thinking its probably a duff one sent to me via ebay most likely, but is there anything else I may be missing?

I had the ever helpful adamal help me out on the mic fitting and stereo upgrade which all works fine. He ran a diagnostic on the car which brought up a light fault, but as I'd broken the switch I assumed thats it

Do i need the fault clearing before the light will work again? Is there a fuse I should check?

I don't want to send back the light, get another and have the same issue if I'm missing something obvious? (probably am knowing me! :D )

Thanks again for all your help - this place is fab B)

It might be worth posting this in the Octavia section of the forum, more people check it regularly so you might get more replies.

Edit - I hope you manage to get it sorted.

Edited by Squible