Boot Seal Advice

Hello!

I know that water in the boot is a common issue on the Octavia and have read through many of the solution threads on this forum. The water collecting in my boot is rainwater and I have checked the linkages for the rear washer and that all seems to be fine. The rubber seal was filling up with water so I used a leather punch to make some holes on the bottom to let the water drain out. The rubber seal is no longer full of water but water still gets into the boot. I checked after it had stopped raining and it looks like the water is collecting in the groove between the two seals (pic attached), and then overflowing into the inside of the boot. Does anyone have a work around for fixing this issue?

Edit - Do you think replacing the boot seal would help?

I also noticed what looks like some minor rust in the spare wheel well, do you think I can just ignore this or does it need to be sorted?

Cheers 

IMG_20170807_162857.jpg

IMG_20170807_162907.jpg

IMG_20170807_163612.jpg

IMG_20170807_163623.jpg

Edited by Squible

Never did find out exactly where mine was letting in water but changing the seal cured the problem. 

1st option change the seal, 2nd to that I'd take out rear lights clean the whole area as behind them builds up with green (mossy) stuff. Check for any run marks.