MkII vRS TDI erratic (jerky) when driving

Hi all.

We've recently bought a vRS and I'm hoping for some advice/help.

When driving it jerks around, it's hard to describe but its like a new driver kangarooing when pulling off, but only this happens at around 2,000 rpm.

It's a PD170 with the DPF removed and remapped.

Below is a graph of a log I done in VCDS showing rpm, specified boost and actual boost. You can see the erratic rpm but at the same time the specified and actual boost migrate from each other. 

My initial thoughts are a sticky actuator, there aren't any fault codes and we haven't experienced limp mode.

Boost.thumb.jpg.19d0bd7286fc0d6bf2c7eb6c05dd58a5.jpg

Any help or advice appreciated. 

John 

Hello, have you had the fuel filter replaced recently? Mine's a CR vRS as opposed to a PD and is non-mapped with a DPF but I experienced a bit of hesitation under load recently and the garage told me that the fuel filter can often be a culprit. Changing the filter seems to have sorted it.

Might be worth a look ..?

D

24 minutes ago, JohnRS said:

We haven't but we've only had it a month or so. I'll look through the service history and check, thanks. 

It's booked in to be looked at on Monday so I'll what the outcome is before I do anymore messing about with it. 

Good luck with it - the other thing it might be conceivably is the airflow meter, anyway, I'm sure they'll be able to suss it for you.

Keep us posted. :thumbup: