No DAB??

So I've just bought a 2014 Octavis VRS Tdi which is fitted with the Colombus entertainment/sat nav unit but it has no DAB radio even though the manual states it should, it only has a choice of am/fm bands, is this correct or am I missing something?

Was dab standard fit in 2014? It may have been an option that was not selected.  The manual would give instructions for all the options you can get so it may just be the case that the original owner did not order dab.

I was kinda thinking along those lines too but it has a Columbus system fitted & the manual states it has DAB so surely it should have it or is it something that can be enabled through vcds??

Deffo a Columbus! Just seems weird having every other extra in the car but no DAB!

Doesn't really matter that much as I can stream the stations from my phone!

• 2 weeks later...

I think it will probably be there. The unit could be set to auto change to FM if the station DAB signal's weak. That can be deselected in the Radio menu. Or activate voice on the steering wheel then say "Radio - Dab".

Can you use the Voice Command help function? In Radio mode, press the voice button on the steering wheel and say "Help" it should give you some options to try. 

The VAG manuals normally cover all the multiple specs of Satnav on a car, e.g. Discover Media & Discover Pro in the same book.

Some have BT, some DAB, some VIM or MirrorLink -  it can be a sod working out exactly which HU you've got.

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...