Hi from Bury in Lancashire

Treborgonzo

Hi - I have just acquired my first Skoda after months of searching - it is a Skoda Superb 2.0.TDI 190 4 x 4 automatic in petrol blue - I tow a small caravan so the car is perfectly suited - the technology in this car is amazing compared to my last car - a 2004 freelander - I had never heard of Adblue until the sales guy told me about it - the chassis control along with the DSG gearbox takes a bit of getting used to - also the stop start and automatic parking brake but I'm sure it will all come together in time. The space in the rear is unbelievable and touches like the torch and umbrellas and especially the right angled Velcro gizmos to hold anything in place in the boot are brilliant. the lane departure system is good but at first I thought my steering was defective as it kept pulling me from one side to the other on the motorway. I have not tried the parking pilot yet.!! My biggest stumbling block is finding out which apps on my phone will connect with the Columbus infortainment system but again this will come in time. Overall very pleased with the car although I do regret not having a rear view camera fitted to ease the hitching up process with my caravan. Oh well - cant have everything but here's to many happy days of Superb motoring.

• Like 1

Welcome along and congrats on the new Superb!  Things have come a long way since 2004!  There are only limited apps that will work on mirrorlink /  Apple car play for obvious safety reasons.  Podcasts, music, texts, audiobooks, Spotify and your phonebook/contacts should all mirror on the touchscreen.  You will need to connect via USB for this to work.