Skoda 120 Drivetrain swap?

Krtek

I know there's ridiculous ideas floating around the web...

Just an idea that popped into my head, would it be feasible to swap a 1.4 fiat multiair into a 120?

Basically you could pull the running gear out of a 500, and transplant the trans&motor. Any other doodads could be pulled form a donor vehicle. 

Seems like the trans would line up, you'd need different axles I'm assuming because FWD. 

Would this work?

Anything is possible but if you're asking on an internet forum you probably don't have the necessary skills to do it yourself! Fitting a FWD drive train into the back of any car is going to be difficult because it's not designed to go there and you'd need to fabricate subfames, drive shafts and sort all the electrics out too. It would be particularly hard on an old rear engine Skoda because you'll also need to fit a fuel injection tank and all the necessary gubbins to run EFI......but pretty much anything is possible if you have the skill or enough money. 

• Like 2