Columbus installation... continue process or it just a waste of time and money ???

I own a 2016 s3 with 8" bolero and i and my friend made an exchange with his columbus infotaiment from his 2015 s3

His is with canton sound system

I installed mine on his car . His car already have 4 color to change in the interior led and the bolero works with all functions in his car but still need the dealer coding to allow sound output only.

The columbus does not show that i can change the interior led in my car which already with 10 colors option... no steering controls... no bluetooth... not even reading any usb card ... not even showing that volum is increasing or decreasing when moving sound button..

Today i went to the dealer shop and told me that i have to change a  gateway thing

Can anyone tell me if i will have a good final result or this process us just a waste of time and will have to go back to bolero ???

• 2 weeks later...

Hi, the dealer probably told you that you have to replace the gateway's control unit, because yours do not support all the functions of the columbus, when you change this unit, the dealer can definitely configure both the gateway and the columbus, also do with vcds by yourself, but you have to be able

regards

marco