VCDS North East ?

starshots

I drove around 100 miles today with no issues, parked up for 5 minutes and when I restarted the car I have an engine light on.  Car runs fine, temperatures are as normal and the 100 mile run home for all ok.  It's hard to guess the error so i'd appreciate some help if anyone can assist ?

Cheers

I am based in NE at the weekends (Darlington/Co Durham Area). If you can’t find anyone closer, you are more than welcome to drive down and I’ll scan the car for you.

Try some of the VW / Audi / Seat Forums too. Most likely someone in Newcastle area will be able to assist.

If its purely for fault code reading/clearing, a cheap DTC code reader from eBay £10-£20 should be fine for this - use the DTC wiki pages on the RossTech or VAG Forums for fault diagnosis.

Is this just a one off, or has the ‘engine’ light come on previously?

If this is a one off and the fault light has extinguished, then the car thinks that there is no longer an issue that will affect the driveability of the car. The DTCs are prioritised from investigate immediately through to check at next service etc.

Also, were there any other lights on (sorry on mobile so cannot see your profile for car spec petrol or diesel)?

If this is a recurring fault, then obviously need to read the codes.

In terms of readers, OBDII or OBD2 Fault Code Reader - either hard wired stand alone versions, USB cables (need a laptop) or Bluetooth which use a smartphone.

I have genuine VCDS cable and a generic cheap device.

Just an example - cheaper ones around too:

KW808 Car Engine Fault Code Reader Diagnostic Reset Tool OBD2 BUS EOBD KONNWEI https://www.ebay.co.uk/i/262636789513