Messed up Can Bus please help

bonjour

Hello.

Yesterday i tried to connect a 17.8.0.1 vag com cable and it keept connecting and disconnecting, so i checked the can bus of my 1.2 12v 2008 mk2 fabia and i found a mess, i don't know why but the old owner welded 2 cables in one! please tell me where i should put the 7th wire.

There should only be 6 wires connected.

Pins 4 and 5 should be ground (31) and pin 16 should be battery positive (30).

The rest come from the central electronics module. These are pins 6 and 14, which are CAN high and low respectively and pin 7 which is the protocol diagnostic line.

That joint appears to lead up to pin 16, so, should be battery positive.

Maybe someone needed some power for something. Dodgy splice regardless of what it is for.

• Like 1

Something is certainly wrong with it, there's a splice there that is just bare wires. Can you provide a better quality picture of the back of the connector, where I can see all of the wires and where they go to? Also, even if the wires are in the right pins here, there is a chance that the other end of them is not where it should be.

• Like 1