Fabia II 1.9TDI 3 - Bluetooth Adapter or Cheap Chinese Fabia Stereo?

50cent

Hey all,

So I have a 2009 Fabia II 1.9TDi 3.
I love the car, apart from the Dance stereo not having bluetooth.

Since the car has only done 27k miles, I'm not going to be getting rid of it any time soon, so I'm looking for an integrated bluetooth solution, for phone calls and music.

There are a bunch of threads about it on here but most seem incomplete or are quite old, hence why I'm starting this.

So, I'm toying between buying a bluetooth interface for the Dance unit, or replacing the dance unit for one of those cheap Chinese direct replacement stereos with built in bluetooth.

I have no experience of either, so I'm asking here to see what people think would be best. Here's some of what I've found:

Interfaces:

Connects2 CTASKBT003 Bluetooth Adaptor - £80 to £100     Example: caraudiocentre.co.uk
xCarLink Adapter £139   Example: ebay
Dension Interface

Chinese Stereos with bluetooth etc:
Model 1 (Aliexpress Link) About £105 delivered.
Model 2 (Aliexpress Link) About £127 delivered from Germany

I think I'm leaning towards the Chinese stereo since they look better than the Dance, are a direct replacement, built in BT microphone, support CANBUS etc. so should hopefully work with the MAXIDOT. But I'm worried about sound quality, how good the bluetooth microphone is, if the unit is any good at all etc.

Any thoughts from anyone who has installed anything like the above?

Cheers

I have on of the Eonon units I got for my 2012. 

https://www.eonon.com/Car-Type/VW.html

Fit and finish is awesome, it looks like factory.

Reversing camera also works like a charm.

There are also other eBay jobs you can get.

The microphone in mine is OK... it's not as good as the factory fitted one (I have bluetooth in the old Swing) 

It works for talking to my wife on a drive. 

I am looking at upgrading to the newer unit shortly to get more RAM... it's the only super slow thing with these. 

Thanks - So that unit of yours is one of the Android ones? I wanted to avoid the Android ones since I suspected they would take too long to boot up when turning it on.

So that's the case with yours?

If I end up getting one of these replacement stereos, I would be tempted to try and somehow get an external microphone hooked up to it. I'd have to dig my soldering iron out.