Mk3 fl been back to dealer

So I've now done 1300 mile in my Octavia VRS TDi DSG. Since the day I got it I wasn't happy with a noise coming from the pulley side of the engine.

I thought I'd see how it went but then I had the opportunity of seeing my bosses Audi with the same engine in. Completely different. Nice and smooth compared to mine with this horrible rattling noise. 

So back to the dealers. Funnily enough I get the phone call. Your car is ready there's no noise blah blah blah. So I went back up and actually showed the mechanic the issue to which he agreed with me. 

When I picked up the car. The issue is there but they were armed with a piece of paper that he claimed he shouldn't be showing me (I didn't actually get a good look at it) but he explained it was the vacuum pump and this noise has been reported several times to skoda with this engine but is a "feature of the engine" 

He had a name for these "complaints" and said when there's several of them they go on a database or something where the technicians can access them. 

Where do I go from here? Just accept my diesel sounds worse than my previous 11 year old diesel or contact skoda and ask for more information? Anyone else know of a noisy vacuum pump?

Dave. 

• 1 year later...
On 06/11/2017 at 20:05, DaveDaveDave said:

So I've now done 1300 mile in my Octavia VRS TDi DSG. Since the day I got it I wasn't happy with a noise coming from the pulley side of the engine.

I thought I'd see how it went but then I had the opportunity of seeing my bosses Audi with the same engine in. Completely different. Nice and smooth compared to mine with this horrible rattling noise. 

So back to the dealers. Funnily enough I get the phone call. Your car is ready there's no noise blah blah blah. So I went back up and actually showed the mechanic the issue to which he agreed with me. 

When I picked up the car. The issue is there but they were armed with a piece of paper that he claimed he shouldn't be showing me (I didn't actually get a good look at it) but he explained it was the vacuum pump and this noise has been reported several times to skoda with this engine but is a "feature of the engine" 

He had a name for these "complaints" and said when there's several of them they go on a database or something where the technicians can access them. 

Where do I go from here? Just accept my diesel sounds worse than my previous 11 year old diesel or contact skoda and ask for more information? Anyone else know of a noisy vacuum pump?

Dave. 

I just joined the club with my 2.0 tdi sportline superb, have you had any problems apart from the dreadful noise ? I was told its normal engine noise but sounds dreadful, my superb I traded in didnt make that noise.

Just found this technical video about the engine  4mins 29 seconds in they explain this new combo oil/ vacuum pump apparently they first used it in the Audi V6 so if they didnt have a problem with it hopefully we wont ( touching lucky rabbits foot)