Cam belt

Syd

Hi  does anyone know when I require to have my cam belt replaced on my Skoda Yeti 16:00tdi green line 2014 model. I've just received a letter from Skoda saying I need to replace it soon. I thought it was around 5 years and not 3years.

Syd

I thought it changed to 5 years in 2011? At least my '61 plate TDi is certainly on 5 year intervals.

@Syd - you could try calling a dealer or Skoda UK to confirm. Did you own another Skoda previously and could the letter be for that?

I had a letter recently too, despite the fact I had it changed at the last service, along with the water pump.  Smacks of a way of getting them to contact you.

If the same principle applies to the Yeti as my Octavia, then the Cambelt Interval change is;

Cars registered BEFORE September 2010,  every 4 years (regardless if PD or CR) . 

Cars registered from September 2010 onwards is every 5 years. 

Cannot remember what the mileage limitations were. 

The above info was obtained from Henry's Glasgow, who had it confirmed via Škoda after I asked them to put it in writing what the correct interval was as there was conflicting information from various sources as to when the correct interval was.

Hi thanks to everyone who replied to my question regarding my cam belt change. I have received an email today from Skoda saying they made a mistake and don't require to replace it yet.

• Like 1