Been away a while but back now with siramik

sean85

Hi guys,  I been away for a while but back now and I now own a 2011 octavia vrs in race blue after owning mk1 fabia vrs se and mk2 fabia vrs, well I fancied going down the route of coating my new car rather then waxing like I always have done. So I have tried loads of coatings but the one that I really enjoyed the most was the siramik coating so ordered a kit from dooka. Anyways I don't have any before pictures of my car but believe me I don't think it had seen a Polish in along time just the usual heavy swirls and dull paint really, so I did the usual wash routine followed by a full decontamination using autosmart red 7, bilt hamber clay bar and autosmart tardis, then set on to checking the paint depth around the car which all came back healthy which is always a good start. So I used a mixture of cartec Polish pads and chemical guys hexlogic pads on my rupes mk2 lhr 15 for the most of the car and my shinemate ep803k rotary for the more annoying areas. 

Which left the panels like this looking much sharper. 

DSC_0244_zpsh1koyams.jpg

DSC_0248_zpsms84tnph.jpg

DSC_0250_zpshj8rffl4.jpg

I then used a ipa between all polish sets and applied the siramik prime via a white hex pad and the gloss from this stuff is something else, defenetly using this again, followed by two layers of siramik sc15 with a layer of siramik sc mist which just boosts the gloss unbelievably, and of course and final wipe down with the mist. Windows sealed with am details rain and tyres dressed with two coats of megs endurance. Which left this whike curing over night. 

DSC_0254_zpsrwbxf8hp.jpg

DSC_0251_zpsxc6avwqn.jpg

Not the best pictures but you get an idea of the gloss etc. And a couple of poor full car pictures outside. 

DSC_0287_zpsaf7wvaks.jpg

DSC_0288_zpszyyappkd.jpg

This took me best part of 4 days in between dad duties etc but worth it as this morning it was raining. 

DSC_0290_zpsw5zrpnyo.jpg

DSC_0291_zpsqu1lfrd5.jpg

DSC_0292_zpsbmbenjmy.jpg

DSC_0293_zps3ic2crqw.jpg

DSC_0294_zpsrrkvbruy.jpg

DSC_0295_zpsalmg6im5.jpg

I do have a little video of the car which really captures how well this came out but can't seem to upload I will try though, but if anyone is thinking of trying a ceramic coating then I would recommend looking at siramik. The gloss and water behaviour so far have been second to none and it's really user friendly, one of the easiest I have ever used not at all fussy. 

Thanks for reading guys.

Sean.

• Like 2

I presume the Siramik is the trade name? I was reading your post (car looks fantastic by the way), and tutting all the way through, thinking this spelling is atrocious. Then in the last bit you've spelt it correctly and I had to give myself a telling off for being such a judgemental  @r5e. :D

• Haha 1