ALOHA! from...fuel thrifty Octavia's owner

RKM33

I had one of those and it was an absolute pearler.

Excellent build quality,

Good ride, even on corrugated dirt roads with multi-link rear suspension and those chubby 15" tyre sidewalls, far better than my previous Korean SUV.

1.9PD delivered about 5.3L/100 or better on a run, no matter what the conditions or speed. 

Rolling acceleration was effortless for overtaking and hills  not even noticed.

The only thing to look out for was that there was a fair amount of road noise from the tyres.

Make sure you get front and rear wheels correctly aligned because the tyres could develop a sawtooth on the profile that would make driving unbearably noisy.

Enjoy :)

Good day 'Gerrycan'! glad to see your post :)

It is in deed a well built car and my wife loves it! ... winner yeah!? We get 1000+ kms for a tank full of diesel inside city. We do about 105kms everyday and needed something very comfortable and economical with touch of high end convenience which were all offered by this SKODA. 

Reliability of DSG mechatronics is something that concerns me as previous owner had it break-fix under factory warranty. But hoping that the new (replaced) one will last long. 

Your are spot on with the road noise from the tyres but in comparison to our Hyundai, its insulated quiet well and is manageable. Thanks for the advice on wheel alignment thing which I will need to get done ASAP. Inner threads of front right seems to have worn a bit more than the other 3, so alignment check should give me peace of mind.

Cheers