Central locking/Alarm Issues

Calorian

Hey Folks,

I've had a search around and cant seem to see anyone that has had the same problem and I haven't found a solution myself so I'm hoping someone can help. Our Fabia II has started having issues with the central locking/alarm system.

When you lock the car it will unlock itself or trigger the alarm at random intervals and when you drive the car it will continue to lock and unlock itself even whilst moving. As it stands the only way to stop this is to remove fuse 45 for the convenience control system thus removing the power to the central locking etc. I have checked the battery state, tried removing the switch on the gear surround, checked that each of the locks is engaging properly and checked for fault codes all to no avail. I have even had the car at the Skoda dealership but they magically "Could Not Replicate."

If anyone has had this issue or heard of something similar and could you please point me in the right direct and help me to diagnose/fix it!

Cheers!

Edited by Calorian

Heard of a few issues regarding alarms triggering or central locking playing up. Not to the degree you speak of though. Also heard of windows opening by themselves overnight! I would have suggested battery but if thats known to be sound... 

Make sure any electrical contacts you can access are clean. Don't just spray them with WD40 or similar though as some things need to be literally, spotless. I had the boot pop fail after lubing it and it started to "Fire: Like a machine gun, many times, before it would open. Squeeze the trigger at the back on the tailgate and it would go "pop-pop-pop-pop- until it opened. Had to fit a new one and the dealer said they go like that sometimes but I made it go wrong trying to clean it!

You could also check all the door loom wires are not in the process of snapping as this might affect the function of the alarm. Not too likely but possible. I recon though that the module its self might be shot or have dirty/corroded terminals.

• 2 months later...

Did you get anywhere with your investigations? We have a 2009 Fabia 1.2 that has similar issues:- alarm going off  randomly,  central locking firing.  taken it to a local garage and they replaced drivers door solenoid which was damaged by water ingress which was picked up as a fault code. This still hasn't fixed the alarm issue and the garage consulted main dealer who are guessing the "body control unit" (convenience control system?) has also been damaged and needs replacing.  apparently this has to be done at a main dealer and the unit costs £450 + £200 fitting charge. 

• 10 months later...

Apologies for very late reply but it maybe useful for anyone else that looks in future.

Yes we ended up getting the body control unit replaced for around £400 at out local Skoda dealer, *touch wood* seems to have been fine since.