Superb L&K First Impressions

grahamcbastin

Hi. I've had my 2016 Superb L&K 190 manual diesel estate for just over a month now. I'd like to share with you my early impressions.

Good things: comfortable, well equipped (with one exception), good sound quality from ICE, nice gear change, good fuel economy - I'm getting 50 mpg, very roomy.

Bad things: way too noisy inside (wind and road noise), no rear view camera - should be standard on the L&K, one electrical problem - tailgate won't lock (new electromagnet on order), virtual pedal needs 2 or 3 attempts to work.

It is a nice car to drive but in narrow streets or lanes it can be awkward threading through tight gaps. I am surprised how economical it is and the annual road tax is only £10 as this is an SCR version.

I appreciate the free downloadable navigation updates and have just loaded the new 2018 version.

Overall I'd give it 8.5 out of 10 let down mainly by the cabin noise when on the move and lack of rear view camera.

• Like 1

Thank you for your comments.

Since my original posting the electric tailgate has been fixed and it is now quieter inside!

I'm on the original 18" wheels and tyres.

So I'm more happy with the car now but one other niggle has been found! 

The windscreen washer jets are hopeless! It's not just on my car as we tried another Superb L&K and it was the same. You cannot adjust the spray pattern without putting one of the two jets too high whilst the other is too low. The old way adjusting with a pin was far, far better!

15 minutes ago, grahamcbastin said:

Thanks for the suggestion.

Do I have to order Passat washer jets from a VW dealer?

It may be a quick job but even so, I don't fancy trying it!  Who should fit the new jets - VW or Skoda dealer? 

Take a look here: 

I got mine online and fitted them myself.