OBDEleven, Columbus NAV on maxidot coding

Aslak

Howdy! Just received a second hand Columbus which I'm setting up in my Fabia mk2 facelift (vrs).

More or less plug and play, replacing my original Swing unit. There are a couple of things I want to enable/change though, and I see guides for doing it with VCDS, but am unsure about long coding and adaptations in OBDEleven.

* Enable navigation on maxidot - in VCDS it should be (copied from another topic in here):

Click select control module
Enter 19-CAN-BUS and click on installations, then tick 37-Navigation.
Enter 37-Navigation and go into the long coding helper to set it up for the car, self explanatory apart from display type, I chose the bottom one from the list of 3, I think it was 'Highline'. Ensure 'Use BAP' is ticked.

* Change boot logo to VRS (also copied from another topic on this forum):

Controller 5F - Information Electr.
07 - Coding
Byte 18

By default the Value is 00

Change the value to:

00 - Skoda Default
01 - Skoda VRS
02 - Scout
03 - Lauren and Klement
04 - Greenline

Now, does anyone know how to do this with OBDEleven? I had a go last night, but coudn't figure out how to code the correct bits & bytes. For example, module 19 is called something else, but looks to be the CAN-BUS / Gateway, however I was not able to find any byte 37.

Can I suggest you do some research before plugging the car in again (you are not the only one I have several PMs from OBDEleven ‘users’ who have buggered their car up one way or another)

Once you have done the research then it is straightforward but you are missing some really basic steps.

You will also not find 5F as your car is the wrong platform.

Cheers Gizmo, I don’t plan to change anything unless I’m sure it’s ok.

Anyway, I found out how I should have been able to edit the Can Gateway list in obd11, however the icon for editing is missing in my app.

According to what I can find, this happens if the car has Can GW 1.6, however I’m pretty sure the facelift mk2 fabia has v. 2.0. Maybe the app doesn’t have the correct config for this car and treats it as a pre-facelift?

Upon further reading I think everything would probably be ok if I could just get Navigation added to the installation list. No idea why I can’t edit it in obd11.  I emailed their support.

Update on this topic: OBDEleven guys don't appear to know why I can't see the installation list and tell me to try to use coding for adding the NAV to gateway.

I don't really know enough about coding to do this yet, so I would appreciate if anyone can help me understand how.

My gateway info:

System description: GW-K-CAN TP20
Identifier: J533
Hardware number: 6R7937087M

Hardware version: H28

Software number: 6N0909901

Software version: 0555

Coding: 032200

Protocol: CAN:KWP2000

Looking at VCDS screenshots that show the gateway equipment list and modules, I need to enable module 37 (navigation).

Does anyone happen to have a list that shows the coding for this CAN gateway? If I understand correctly, there are only three bytes to code and these bits and bytes make up the list, so I should be able to do this via coding if I only knew where/how to add the 37.