VRS Front Seats - Are cushions swappable?

My front drivers seat is in a very poor state. I've been in the market for a new seat for a while now as you can no longer buy the fabric from a dealer. However, it seems that most secondhand ones are worn in the same areas as mine so its almost impossible to find a good set.

20180102_203008.thumb.jpg.d5ee622447d2b9c08c6189e4448b79e9.jpg

However, a lot of sets have good condition passenger seats. So, are the base & backrest cushions swappable/the same? That is, if I buy a passenger seat, can I unbolt them & fit them to my drivers seat (once the old cushions are taken off as well!)

btw, I dont want to buy different covers/seats - I wish to keep them as standard.

Cheers

Im pretty sure you can swap them. although obviously the bases are different so will need to unhook bead and swap over but quite easy to do. Back cover will need to be removed completely and installed on drivers back as the adjuster wheel is on the wrong side otherwise.

Only thing i can think of is the little pocket on the side of the seat will be on the wrong side.

Edited by clarendon462

25 minutes ago, Lyminton said:

Padding for seat base and backrest are the same. Backrest fabric isn't.

Really? Had a look at it and can't see why its different.

No airbags in my seats. The only difference I can see in the fabric and cushions of the passenger seat and drivers seat is the pocket on the side of the backrest. Even the Vrs logo is positioned centrally. 

Edited by Chris Berry

1 minute ago, Chris Berry said:

No airbags in my seats. The only difference I can see in the fabric and cushions of the passenger seat and drivers seat is the pocket on the side of the backrest. Even the Vrs logo is positioned centrally. 

PM me your reg and I will tell you if you have them or not.