Exhaust snapped

Hi all,

my exhaust snapped today just where where the pipe enters the back box so I’m going to fit a new one from the car back. I have already ordered the new exhaust hanger rubbers for the Back box, is there any more anywhere and is there anything else you think I might need when fitting it. I’ve never fitted a new exhaust before so any help is welcome.

cheers 

Bolts on the hangers will might be a bit stubborn so some penetrating fluid/spray would be a good idea (PlusGas or similar).

There are some more rubber mounts on the mid section as well.

What exhaust did you go for? People have had trouble finding a suitable backbox for the VRS without going down the sport/stainless exhaust route.

Ok cool thanks. I’ll order the rubbers for the Centre pipe. Is it two that I need that are identical?

i managed to find a used exhaust fairly cheap that will do for now. I will be buying a Jetex resonated full system when funds allow 

I’ve ordered the exhaust mounts for the Centre pipe. Looking at it I need to replace the Centre pipe section too. Has anybody ever fitted a straight pipe off the 1.9 diesel? It looks as if it is the same diameter. Just worried it might be too loud? 

21 hours ago, dutchboyvw said:

Am I correct in thinking mk4 Golf GTi turbo Back boxes fit the VRS?

It might fit, but the Octy has a bigger arse so I doubt it would line up with the rear bumper. I think they have droopy tail pipes too whereas the VRS has two pipes with an angular chrome tip that lines up with the cut out in the bumper.