Skoda/ Seat Extended warranties

Having recently  tested both skoda Rapids and Seat Toledos in 1.2 TSI guise -I purchased a 2015 Toledo Itech 1.2 tsi  105 and have enquired about extending the warranty as its three yrs old next month. The Warranty is a SEAT financial services warranty .

Here is some of the sales description from SEAT UK site.

"

SEAT Extended Warranty Cover from SEAT Financial Services is sold
and administered by Lawshield (UK) Limited, which is authorised
and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority
SEAT Extended Warranty Cover is underwritten by Volkswagen

Basically Your car must be under 3yrs old prior to purchase and have been fully serviced to manufacturers specification- mine has full SEAT service History and the place I bought it from carried out a full manufacturers specification service prior to releasing the car to me (I have this in writing as well as service book stamp)
I have a quote for £165 for a years ALL COMPONENT COVER. the car has only done 14k miles in last 3 yrs. this seems like a good  deal as the garage who sold me the car were asking for £300 for the same type of cover. Obviously the devil is in the detail , but this is a warranty that is run by Seat UK where you take your car to a SEAT agents for warranty work and all parts  are sourced by SEAT fitted by SEAT technicians.
Anyone else used this scheme in anger - or a skoda VW backed warranty -I presume they offer the same on Skoda Rapids ?
Usual wear & tear caveats.
Anyone interested heres the sales brochure link https://seat-extendedwarranty.co.uk/Documents/SEAT/v3/Policy-Summary.pdf
Has anyone else took up this offer on their car- ? my other car a skoda didnt offer the same extended warranty at the end of 3yrs -this is a pretty recent offer by seat according to What Car- the price is certainly unbeatable , but wheres the catch :)
Thanks in advance for any input.

No real catch.  VW Group own the company that are the Underwriter really.

& Skoda used to and still do offer similar, sometimes at crazy prices, and confusing payment scheme. Skoda Assist included or not.

or there is this with Skoda.

Extended Warranty from ŠKODA Insurance – putting ŠKODA into your insurance..mhtml

14 minutes ago, AwaoffSki said:

No real catch.  VW Group own the company that are the Underwriter really.

& Skoda used to and still do offer similar, sometimes at crazy prices, and confusing payment scheme. Skoda Assist included or not.

or there is this with Skoda.

Extended Warranty from ŠKODA Insurance – putting ŠKODA into your insurance..mhtml

I think at the price they are offering it for and reading the policy, despite the "wear & tear" clauses  it seems exactly the same as the skoda policy  eg "ALL COMPONENTS" Think I am going to go for it - but would like to hear off anyone who actually used it after taking out cover . I know its backed by FSA which is something you should look for when buying a car warranty, the fact its SEAT/ VW  administered at their own approved Garages sounds pretty convincing too..maybe Im just too cynical after all my recent dealings with the motor trade :) Cheers !

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, camelspyyder said:

My 1.2/105 had a new turbo at around (just before luckily for me) the 3 year point.

£165 for that would have been a bargain.

I did see that you had a replacement Turbo in a post somewhere (Im not stalking you Honestly) :) I think I am going to take it out  at that price - wear and tear brakes clutch etc you have to take on the chin - but something like a Turbo -especially if you are having regular services to manufacturers spec and its stated as covered in policy = a pretty good deal in my book.

• Like 1

Had a new thermostat fitted under the Skoda Extended Warranty two weeks ago - painless process (other than having to go to a different Skoda dealer as my local one wasn't interested in investigating the fault).

Was quoted £175 for this year's extended warranty cover (car has done 34,000 miles) - the thermostat bill would have been three times that if I were paying.

I have taken out the warranty after reading your various submissions - , It seems that the secret is to finding a local Seat /Skoda Dealer who is interested in the investigation/Warranty work ,as I gather not all garages offer the same level of reception towards warranty work.

thanks  to everyone for the input

• Like 1