Laurin & Klemint interior cleaning/restoration

Hi everyone,

Just bought a 2003 L&K estate with the beige leather interior  The seats are in a bit of a state and need a good clean, but also some colour put into them and some leather conditioner or similar.  Has anyone used a dye/paint/polish successfuly?

Edited by jockbarefit
more info

I have dyed leather seats with varied success, it's all down to the preparation and time as if your doing it at home it can take a few weeks to get them dry and for best results you will need a compressor and spray gun. So by the time you get all the equipment and dye it might be just as cost effective to get them professionally done. Mine will need touching up soon.

If you decide to go for it yourself, check out colourlock - https://www.colourlock.com/

I have used their stuff in the past and it does a good job. I think they also have techs that work for them too if it looks a bit daunting.

John over on the Forensic Detailing channel on YouTube did a vid on them about 4 or so months ago, and also rates them and the products.

Hope it helps

I've used a Gliptone products in the past with great results, here's a link to a 'how to' thread... Albeit based around an MX5 tan leather interior with pics that no longer work :(

http://www.mx5nutz.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=141870

For carpets etc you can't beat a wet and dry vacuum but it's possible to clean them without. I've found Autoglym's Interior Shampoo to be good for this.

Interior restorations are similar to lots of other aesthetic jobs, it's all about the prep and the amount of effort/time spent has a direct bearing on the results you'll yield.