1.2tsi psv valve

Hello. 

bought an Octavia on the weekend. Been driving it today stinks when heaters are on like petrol. Turned the air con on recirculate n it wasn't as bad but I was still high when I got out the car.

Anyways, I had a poke around n stuff and found the problem area. its on the passenger side at the side/back top of the block. I can also see the plastic hole where I think its probably meant to be connected to.

Does anybody have the part number/come across this themselves. I'm assuming it shouldn't be too hard to sort this out. I have really basic mechanical knowledge. I have fitted air filters / done brakes / oil changes. 

Also why would it of popped out?

The long tip will have broken off and is still lodged in the grommet in the cam cover. Try to remove the broken bit rather than push the new  PCV blindly in. I did this and on starting there was a horrible crunching noise and the engine almost stalled, due to the hard plastic finding its way under a cam lobe. I got away with it but you may not be so lucky.

See here for more detail (its the same engine/problem but in a Fabia)

• 1 month later...

Turbo cover? Are we talking about the 1.2tsi cbzb engine? The pcv is a push fit into the small rubber grommet located on the rear of cam cover toward the gearbox end. However make sure any broken plastic part is removed from the grommet first. Read the links above to find out why.

No I just pushed it in, there was no plastic in the grommet. I pulled the old grommet out. This was replaced with a new one.

car broke down within 300 miles engine management light on and car in limp mode. AA took it to the garage. 

The garage replaced the coil pack and car is now ok, done another 800 miles and running ok..

however there is a strange noise when it idles, like a high pitched noise, goes on and off it’s wierd. 

Really like the car but I’m thinking about getting rid.