Ford MFD1 in a MK1 Fabia

So I have been hunting for a Sat Nat Stereo system for my daughters Mk1 Fabia Elegance (When I say hers, the only money of her own she has spent on it is diesel), so I was look at the MFD1.

I then discovered it was fitted in the Alhambra, so with a bit of lateral thinking thought maybe they fitted the same in the Galaxy, and they did.

Anyone ever fitted a Ford one or updated the firmware?  If so, was it easy to do? 

I am also looking at the Kenwood systems with the built in Garmin, but OEM is, as always, preferred if possible.

Thanks

Lennie

Edited by Jaspire

I believe the ford system will work. The only thing is, it will have the ford splash screen on startup and the button illumination will be different to the Skoda edition. Not sure if the splash screen is easy to change. 

I imagine there are a few Skoda DX systems floating around on eBay now though?