O/S front window motor needed. 1U6959802D

Hello there, recently bought myself a Mk 1 Skoda Octavia 130bhp diesel Laurie & Klement. Been neglected and laid up for a bit which has obviously not done car any favours.

Window motor has a pin missing due to water corrosion etc, loom to motor seems ok. Struggling to find a motor with this part number from breakers etc 1U6959802D....anyone have one for sale maybe?

Cheers. Johnny. (New member).

Good morning JohnnyB5, unfortunately, there numerous variations of these motors and as the modules built into the motor control so many features, ie heated mirrors, windows, central locking, alarm etc you may be as well buying a new motor.

My Roomster 3 had issues and although I swapped it out with a control module from a Polo [temporary fix] not all the features worked [comfort controls] I eventually bought a new motor assembly. More often than not, it is the motor itself that is at fault, although a corroded pin sounds terminal.

My motor, bought from my local dealer, was £180 and took me 20 minutes to fit. All you need is the vin number which will ensure the correct motor and a few basic tools to install.

Good luck.

Morning Mavawreck and cheers for reply. What you say ties in with all my google research on sites and forums...was hoping to try second hand to save money but can't find exact matching part anywhere in this country at mo. May have to go down the new part road as yet, especially whilst door is stripped down hey.

Was that price you paid from a Skoda dealer mate?

Cheers for help...Johnny.

Thanks for your reply maclee. I think I may have deleted it by mistake while I was writing first reply! Fat fingers.

Had spotted the one on ebay but ignored it as Skoda breaker informed me I needed that part number ending in D not B as different software and wouldn't work correctly. Mechanic has confirmed my unit ends in D. Rang local Skoda dealer who at first had difficulty finding part on system for my Octavia. He called back to say on Skoda parts system that the full part number is 1U6959802D 03Q....which would be £285!

I too have spotted the one in Lithuania and will probably try to purchase. Have done lots of different breaker searching nationwide with no luck.

Thanks for your help and interest male and sorry if I deleted your reply mate!