Climatronic control panel

So I have had an intermittent issue with the heater blower in my 12 plate vrs. I have changed the blower motor but the fault is still there. Basically the panel lights up like it’s working and displays on the Columbus screen but the fan doesn’t run. But sometimes the fan will start and run like it should for a while but then randomly stops again and will start again randomly.

I think the problem is within the control panel. Does anyone know if these panels are interchangeable with other vw ones or will I need to get the same part number? I have seen a lot of retrofit threads which suggest as long as I get a panel with the same functions (heated seats etc) then it should be ok. Just want to double check before I go and get one.  

As a first simple test, manually put the blower on max speed. If the blower runs on max but does not run on other speeds, the most likely cause is a failed (failing) blower speed resistor. This is bypassed on max speed. It is worth adding the year of your car to the car details as later cars may use a different system. 

40 minutes ago, pikpilot said:

As a first simple test, manually put the blower on max speed. If the blower runs on max but does not run on other speeds, the most likely cause is a failed (failing) blower speed resistor. This is bypassed on max speed. It is worth adding the year of your car to the car details as later cars may use a different system. 

I believe that the climatronic system in my car does not use a speed resistor. It has a box on the fan unit. However it doesn’t run on max speed either. 

Just had same issue with my Octavia, as I bought it only a week ago I went back to the garage which I get it from, as they told me resistor gone so they replace it.