Noisy Wind deflectors - any solutions?

Fitted my Hekos at the weekend.  Look great, even my 17 year old son who never notices anything says so too.

However, took car on dual carriage way for first time , and anything over 45mph and sounds like I have a budgie whistling away on my shoulder.  If I open window half an inch it stops, but when closed its really annoying.  Both sides are the same, what a pain in ar$e ... I have had Hekos on previous cars, and hubby has them on his van, any never had any issues with noise.  I haven't fitted the clips, as they seem snug enough without them, but might try them in different places both sides to see if they help ... any suggestions please - other than ditch them :sadsmile:?

I have Skoda ones in mine, they a fine. Heko's in my old Yaris which are fine. Have you fitted the rear ones correctly? (Assuming you have four). Many people fit rear Heko's back to front, whilst some cars you simply can't make this error. (Hint), The Heko logo goes to the rear of the front deflector, front of the rear deflector so the logo's are near to each other. My Yaris' could go either way, with just a little curved edge which, if fitted back to front, might be noisy! Cant remember if the Skoda ones could be fitted incorrectly but I always have a wry smile when I see a so-called modder, Usually a young guy, driving around with all his toys added, with the rear deflectors fitted back to front.

I can also remember a thread where someone had noisy mirrors, which whistled at speed. Cant recall if it was the Yaris or the Fabia but they made the noise and it was eliminated when they stuck a thin bit of stuff between the mirror housing and the frame. If you fold your mirror flat, there is a bit that almost touches where it hinges. The wind just blows through like a reed instrument. I remember a little bit of what is like door/window insulation, just a fluffy thin strip, which can become dislodged. It had a self-sticky side but this pulls off and it then sticks incorrectly, meaning the idea fails to work. If you can see this, re-fitting amy solve the issue. If after this, it is STILL definitely the Heko, (correctly rotated) Then you may need to remove and re-fit. Can I ask, did you stick them in with the scotch tape AND clips, to prevent movement and ensure they went in tightly enough?  The windows often need to be raised/lowered a number of times but I also think it is recommended to fit them tightly and leave the window fully shut for a day or two, to let the sticky tape bond well. Any looseness or mis-alignment may be causing the whistling!

Hi,  Thanks for reply.  In my original post I said I haven't put the clips in yet ... some members here said they hadn't needed them, I have just not fitted yet as only put them on the car yesterday and wanted to leave the windows closed to let them bed in.  I did add some extra scotch tape to them though, as never think the small tabs they supply are enough.   I will fit the clips to see if this makes a difference.

Not wishing to doubt you, but are you sure that the Heko logo on the rear ones should be at the front?  TBH I wasn't sure when I went to fit them, so consulted my 206 which I still have here to sell, and although the rears on that are a different shape, they are fitted with logo at the back.  The Fabia ones are tapered, and the wider profile matches with the back end of the front ones, so I assumed this was the correct way around.  Having looked at a lot of Heko/Fabia pics online, many are fitted this way.  I think the other way around, with the narrower profile on the front edge of the rear ones would look really odd, and also trap air at the back edge of the deflector, possibly creating more noise.  However, I will bow to greater knowledge here if they should be fitted with the logos towards the front.  If it wasn't peeing down outside, I would get some pics.  However, it is the front ones making the noise, as lowering front windows stops it.

Edited by KernowMaid

I have the old (02) Yaris and tried fitting both ways round before peeling off the tape and fitting. I thought the logo would go to the rear, to match the fronts but searched the website to see and found out the logos are close to each other. This can be seen more obviously on vehicles that have four doors but with rear doors that are, say, tapered etc. Such as Ford Focus or Mondeo. Don't rely on a photo of a car that has ones that can be switched around as even sellers fit and advertise them wrong! My reckoning is that they are noisy due to not being clipped in correctly. That is what holds them in place, with the tape just slightly sealing it a little more. They may be resonating in the wind, so to speak. On my Skoda, I think the tape was all the way along, from front to rear. I had to replace it as I was actually GIVEN them by a kind Briskodian with me just having to send him the postage costs and packing materials.

If you are reading this, Thanks again. 

Edited by mrgf