DSG equipped cars. Second thermostat

scoobz

You will also find fuel consumption improves by quite a few mpg. Is amazing how many VW dealers do not know about this on the DSG gearbox.

• 1 month later...

Hi all, new here so hello to all. Used the site for information in the past but now I need to ask for help so here I am! 

Another temp/coolant issue struggling to get up to temp and lowering rather fast when not under load. 

So, changed engine thermostat, then read about the dsg thermostat but mine hasn't got one. 

Was wondering if maybe some models have them located else where! 

Anyone had this before where it's not in line with the dsg cooler? 

It's a octavia vrs mk2 diesel. 

Any help would be fantastic. 

Many thanks, 

J. 

I am pretty sure when I was researching about the DSG thermostat, I came across an article that stated some Skoda Diesel engines have two thermostats. One located top of engine and easy to get too, and one buried within the bottom of the engine. I however could be mistaken. 

• Like 1