Combi rear spray

Have been noticing alot of rear spray coming up onto rear window when it's either raining or the roads wet anyone else seen this?, I've got std mud flaps fitted. Had thought about trying a subaru aid they had for wind resistance along the top of the rear lid basically a row of small fins. Any other ideas.

Edited by laurencemchenry

Haven’t tried anything yet but the rear ‘swirl’ pulls a significant amount of crud onto the rear window.  In these conditions my rear view camera is useless in less than 5 mins.  I think later builds than mine (Sept 2015) now have a washer nozzle for the camera too!

I also have mudflaps fitted.  It’s as bad whether I have the Summer 18” or Winter 17” wheelsets fitted.

The rear must be a significant ‘drag hole’ which can’t help the economy!

Base drag induces turbulence that recirculates the water/mud/spray.  A smother profile or a spoiler that would keep the flow laminar would help.

MercedesBenzCLA.jpgtech_pic_aero_fastback.jpgimages?q=tbn:ANd9GcQcfLxkk9qvwmd7YnrUaet

• Like 1