Electric proablems

Lyxi

Hi, Im Adrian and im new around here,i had written few months ago about some retrofitting jobs done to my.mk3 skoda,most of it is done now but im having some issues with some ellectrics and its bit weird, i have fitted some HID aftermarket on my car and soon as i finished and i had out my lights on my left hand side indicator came on and it stayed and its on even now,its stayes on even after i stop tge car lock the car, the only way to stop it is unplugin the head lamp, i tryed another headlamp and it does the same!any one experienced this?Regards!

Hello and welcome! This issue was common on the MK2 facelift with cheap aftermarket HID kits fitted. Usually this issue is caused by the HID kit causing the BCM/CECM to become faulty. Not sure what exactly does it, perhaps a voltage spike or something.

If this is indeed the issue, it won't be a cheap fix im afraid. Modern cars are just way too complex to risk cheap HID kits - plus the beam pattern and glare is terrible anyway, especially in reflector units.

Have you had the car scanned for fault codes? I'd expect something in the 09 - Central Electrics module.