Bolero System update?

Hi Guys, 

This is my first post, 

I have a 2016 Skoda Fabia, I am looking to see if it would be possible to upgrade my infotainment system to support the Apple CarPlay feature.

It is a Bolero system, the device part number is 5Q0034819A running software 0245. Not sure if any of that helps but any further info needed let me know, I just want to get it updated for the Apple feature, I don't even have the option for mirror link :(

Also the voice control doesn't work, There is a button on the wheel but it pops up on the MAXIDOT as not available.

Thanks in advance!

If you don't have SmartLink icon at all then probably your unit does not support it all :( You msu have the unit changed, then Components Protection removed and finally FEC/SWaP codes added. Yu can buy second hand unit, eg. on eBay, Check with your SKoda dealer if they can do the rest (if the ydon't then PM me).

3 minutes ago, pab567 said:

If you don't have SmartLink icon at all then probably your unit does not support it all :( You msu have the unit changed, then Components Protection removed and finally FEC/SWaP codes added. Yu can buy second hand unit, eg. on eBay, Check with your SKoda dealer if they can do the rest (if the ydon't then PM me).

Oh really,

thats a shame... I seen others just get licenses and updates for it as they already had the bolero system in place. I will get onto Skoda and see what they say.

1 minute ago, pab567 said:

BTW: Check your manual, unit is not in glove box but behing dash however SD slot is available via glove box. And I beleive your unit is not 5Q0034819A  but 5Q0035819A .

I will double check and report back that it might be a mistype. 

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

Hello all, I just received my new fabia, I also noticed that there is not a smartlink menu item at Bolero.

What is strange is that in System Information , it has an entry that says: Smartlink: 4101.438.1.5.

Does this mean that smartlink is installed (then where is the menu item..), or maybe that it can be installed?

Partnumber is 5Q0035819C if it helps.

I would really appreciate any info...