TPMS

cssuk

our new to us Superb has been fitted with standard valves and i want to revert to the TPMS system, what exactly do i need to buy have seen some valves but they seem to have various frequency ranges car is a 2012 estate 170 dsg elegance

There are two TPMS systems...indirect...& direct

Indirect uses the ABS sensors....

Direct uses special tyre valves with sensors built in...you also require the receiver aerial unit for each wheel arch (4) & the wiring back to the control module...& VCDS to code the module, the dash, infotainment unit, CAN gateway etc...

People have done the retro-fit of direct TPMS using OEM parts...just its a bit expensive...& takes ages to do the wiring...

ahh maybe i didnt make it clear it is fitted with TPMS but has standard valves fitted i just want to get new TPMS valves for the tyres just not sure which to buy

17 minutes ago, cssuk said:

ahh maybe i didnt make it clear it is fitted with TPMS but has standard valves fitted i just want to get new TPMS valves for the tyres just not sure which to buy

if the car has direct TPMS then why does it have standard valves fitted?...

just had a look online at a 2012 superb ETKA drawings & can't find any listing for direct TPMS valves...are you 100% certain that the TPMS system is not an indirect system??

Edited by fabdavrav

no not at all have just bought it and got rid of the horrible continental tyres it came with previous cars with tpms had a valve sensor so i assumed this one does and ebay listings show TPMS valves for superbs but with different frequencys i just want to know how to get the correct ones, mine is a 2012

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/TPMS-Sensor-1-OE-Replacement-Tyre-Pressure-Valve-for-Skoda-Superb-2008-EOP/152358694613?epid=648457510&hash=item2379492ed5:g:9jMAAOSwEzxYVCc6

Edited by cssuk

3 minutes ago, cssuk said:

no not at all have just bought it and got rid of the horrible continental tyres it came with previous cars with tpms had a valve sensor so i assumed this one does and ebay listings show TPMS valves for superbs but with different frequencys i just want to know how to get the correct ones, mine is a 2012

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/TPMS-Sensor-1-OE-Replacement-Tyre-Pressure-Valve-for-Skoda-Superb-2008-EOP/152358694613?epid=648457510&hash=item2379492ed5:g:9jMAAOSwEzxYVCc6

Don't go by ebay..usually wrong....

Go look in the manual in the car...look for the reset screen & instructions....more cars have the indirect (no valves) as cheaper .....I had a look at all the web based ETKA drawings for a 2012 Superb & no valves or wiring parts for a direct TPMS system.....unless I missed it...

i did that initially and although it says how to reset i have seen conflicting information online about what happens, so mine lights the TPMS symbol in orange and bongs, others report that it bongs but turns green anyone able to confirm the correct version?

The manual just says it will illuminate and a chime will be heard, is it a single colour system if so then all is well

Edited by cssuk

2 hours ago, cssuk said:

i did that initially and although it says how to reset i have seen conflicting information online about what happens, so mine lights the TPMS symbol in orange and bongs, others report that it bongs but turns green anyone able to confirm the correct version?

The manual just says it will illuminate and a chime will be heard, is it a single colour system if so then all is well

as they say RTFM....

So as I said you have the indirect TPMS system.....& you can retro fit the direct system...to OEM standard with all the cost & fitting of wiring etc....or ebay cheap version...but even with the cheap ebay one you still have to take your wheels to tyre place, remove the tyres, fit valves, & refit tyres..& hope the beads on the tyres do not break..

How do you tell the systems apart all indeed to know is has mine got the valves system and someone in the past has removed the system as a valve had broken or is it the indirect don't really care which it is but I want it to work either way.

41 minutes ago, cssuk said:

How do you tell the systems apart all indeed to know is has mine got the valves system and someone in the past has removed the system as a valve had broken or is it the indirect don't really care which it is but I want it to work either way.

eh??

Basically read the handbook...if the direct & indirect systems are listed & operating instructions for both in manual then which screen & MDF display do you get?/?.....the ones for the indirect or the ones for direct systems..thats the easy way to tell...also a scan with VCDS and adaptions log which would show if the direct systems was fitted...

Just had another look at the 2011 & 2013 yr build for your car..still no direct system....like I said at the beginning you have the indirect system...otherwise it would attempt to show the tyre pressure for each wheel on the correct screen but would display --- for each wheel...& error warning...

Edited by fabdavrav